Sophie grew up in Annapolis, MD and attended Broadneck High School. She then graduated from Boston College with a Bachelor's degree in 2007. While working on a clinical trial through George Washington University in Washington, DC, Sophie also earned a Master's degree in Medical Anthropology focusing on birth across cultures and studied disparities in obstetrical care between immigrant and non-immigrant women in Annapolis. She then returned to Boston College where she earned a Master's in Nursing in Women's Health. In 2012, Sophie became board certified as a Women's Health/OBGYN Nurse Practitioner. For the next two years, she worked at the Community Health Center of Cape Cod providing gynecologic services. She loves working with women of all ages and especially enjoys obstetrics. Her greatest passion is helping women to have healthy bodies and babies through education and healthy lifestyles. In her spare time, Sophie enjoys traveling to Haiti on medical mission trips and running with her dog. Sophie, her husband, John, and their daughter live in Annapolis.
- National Certification Center (Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner)
- Massachusetts Board of Nursing (RN, WHNP)
- Maryland Board of Nursing (RN, CRNP-OBGYN)
- Undergraduate: Boston College, BA, 2007
- Graduate: The George Washington University, 2010, MA in Medical Anthropology
- Graduate: Boston College, 2012, MS Nursing