Dr. Bougas, was born and raised in the New Jersey suburbs of New York City. She attended Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Biology. Following her undergraduate studies, she worked for Novartis Pharmaceutical where she gained a better understanding of the interaction of the medical profession and the pharmaceutical industry. She went on to attend the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine where she earned her D.O. degree in May, 2003 and was elected to Sigma Sigma Phi, an Honorary Osteopathic Fraternity.
Before completing medical school, Dr. Bougas felt that the obstetric and gynecology specialty would allow her the most satisfaction as a health care provider. Dr. Bougas felt Ob/Gyn would enable her to provide women with personalized care during all phases of their lives.
After graduating from medical school, Dr. Bougas completed her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, PA while serving as the Chief Administrative Resident in her final year. In August 2007, Dr. Bougas relocated to Maryland and joined Women Ob/Gyn. Her particular areas of interest include general and high risk obstetrics, management of perimenopause/menopause/postmenopause, adolescent gynecology, contraception and family planning, as well as laparoscopic and vaginal surgery.
In her time off, Dr. Bougas enjoys fitness activities, reading, sailing, and travel. Dr. Bougas lives in the greater Annapolis area with her husband and two sons.
- American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ABOG), Board Certified 2010
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
- Medical School: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME, DO, 2003
- Residency: Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA, Chief Administrative Resident, 2007
- Undergraduate: Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, BA Biology, 1994
Society Membership and Affiliations
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Fellow
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Medical Association
- Med Chi, The Maryland State Medical Society