Melissa Moen, MD was born in Washington, DC and was raised in the Philadelphia suburbs. She is the oldest child in a large family with multiple physicians. She graduated from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois with a BA in English. She then took her premed courses at the University of Chicago and spent two years working in a cytogenetics lab at the University of Chicago Hospital. While Dr. Moen was living in Chicago, her family moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Dr. Moen attended Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans and graduated with an MD in 1983. She did her residency in Ob/Gyn at the University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore. After completing her residency in 1987, Dr. Moen joined Women Ob/Gyn in Annapolis and began private practice.
Dr. Moen became interested in Ob/Gyn at the beginning of her third year in medical school when she did her obstetrics rotation in the busy maternity ward at Charity Hospital in New Orleans. She found that she thrived on the excitement of the delivery room and enjoyed having the opportunity to help women at such an important time in their lives. As she continued with her training, she found an equal appreciation for surgery and office gynecology. For 32 years, she continued to enjoy all aspects of her specialty. She especially appreciated the variety that a practice like Ob/Gyn provides, in addition to the opportunity to develop long term relationships with patients and their families.
Dr. Moen and her husband share their home with 4 cats. They have two grown children.
Dr. Moen retired from practice in August 2015. Her patients are now being followed by other providers in the practice.
- American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ABOG), Board Certified 1989
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
- Undergraduate: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, B.A. English 1975
- Undergraduate: University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, Pre-Med Courses
- Medical School: Louisiana State University Medical School, New Orleans, Louisiana, M.D. 1983
- Residency: University of Maryland Hospital 1983-1987
- Private Practice: Women Ob/Gyn 1987 to present
Society Membership and Affiliations
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Fellow
- American Medical Association
- Med Chi, The Maryland State Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Anne Arundel County Medical Society