Mary graduated from Howard High School in Ellicot City, Maryland. She then attended Catonsville Community College in Catonsville, Maryland, where she graduated with an Associates Degree in nursing before becoming a registered nurse. Over the next 20 years, Mary worked in various hospital settings including labor and delivery and the operating room. During that professional career, it became clear to her that she wanted to return to college to pursue an advanced degree in medicine. She started by completing coursework that allowed her to act as the first assistant to the physician while working in the operating room (RNFA). Next, she went on to earn both the BSN and MS degrees from the University of Maryland. This training allowed her to sit for two board examinations to become certified as both an Adult Nurse Practitioner and a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. Mary admits that she always knew Ob/Gyn was what she wanted to specialize in. She loves working with women of all ages and especially enjoys adolescent health and obstetrics. Her greatest professional thrill comes from really getting to know each patient, both on a professional and personal level. She focuses on disease prevention and promoting good health habits. She first assists our doctors on many of their surgeries. Mary is married, has children and grandchildren, and lives locally in Millersville, Maryland.
Mary retired from practice in January 2017. Her patients are now being followed by other providers in the practice.
- Certified Perioperative Registered Nurse (CNOR)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (Adult Nurse Practitioner)
- National Certification Center (Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner)
- Maryland Board of Nursing (RN, Adult NP, WHNP)
- Undergraduate: Catonsville Community College 1977, AA in Nursing
- Undergraduate: University of Maryland, 2000, BS Nursing
- Graduate: University of Maryland, 2001, MS Nursing