Dr. Merrill grew up in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. She attended Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry with a minor in Music. During her undergraduate years, she spent a summer working with AmeriCorps providing health education to underserved kids in the city of Cleveland. This experience led to volunteering at the Free Clinic of Greater Cleveland, and her interest in medicine was sparked. She went on to attend medical school at Washington University in St. Louis, where she earned her MD, and also spent an additional year to obtain a Master’s degree in Biology and Biomedical Sciences, with a focus on clinical research.
In medical school, Dr. Merrill found that the field of obstetrics and gynecology satisfied many of her interests. She enjoyed the hands-on aspects of the many procedures performed, both in the operating room and in the office. She also appreciated the wide variety of patients that the field offers. The most important aspect, however, was the opportunity to build lasting relationships with women through many exciting and sometimes challenging events over the course of their lives. All of these considerations made OB/Gyn a natural choice for Dr. Merrill to pursue after graduation.
Following medical school, Dr. Merrill completed her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The University of Vermont Medical Center in Burlington, Vermont, and served as the Chief Administrative Resident in her final year. In July of 2015, she relocated to Maryland where she worked as an academic General OB/Gyn for almost 2 years, then joined Women OB/Gyn in April, 2017. Her primary areas of interest are general and high-risk obstetrics, contraception and family planning, and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.
In her time off, Dr. Merrill enjoys running, knitting and cooking. During her time in Vermont, she became an avid skier, and now looks for any opportunity to get back on the mountains. She lives in the Baltimore area with her husband and two cats..
Dr. Merrill will join Women Ob/Gyn in April 2017.
- American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ABOG), Board Eligible
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
- Undergraduate: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, B.S. Biochemistry 2006
- Graduate: Washington University in St. Louis (School of Medicine), St. Louis, Missouri, M.A. Biology & Biomedical Sciences 2010
- Medical School: Washington University in St. Louis (School of Medicine), St. Louis, Missouri, M.D. 2011
- Residency: University of Vermont Medical Center, Burlington, Vermont 2011-2015
- Private Practice: Johns Hopkins Hospital 2015 to present
Society Membership and Affiliations
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists 2011
- Society of Laprascopic Surgeons 2015