Dr. Nichols grew up in Upstate New York just south of Rochester. She attended Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Biology. Following her undergraduate studies, she earned a Master of Public Health Degree at The George Washington University in Washington, DC. Her track was Maternal and Child Health. She also worked at the American Medical Women’s Association in Government Affairs during that time period. She then attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY.
Dr. Nichols had always had a particular interest in women’s health care and had focused on several women’s issues. She enjoyed her surgical experiences during medical school and liked the mix of surgery and primary care that the specialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology afforded her.
After graduating from medical school, Dr. Nichols completed her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC. In August, 2007, Dr. Nichols joined Women Ob/Gyn. Her areas of interest include fertility, contraception and family planning, preventive medicine, health and fitness, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and all types of obstetrics. She also focuses on weight loss through low carbohydrate lifestyle with her patients.
When Dr. Nichols is not caring for patients, she can be found pursuing all sorts of outdoor activities. She is an avid cyclist and also enjoys skiing, running, hiking, kayaking, and gardening. She and her husband travel frequently and explore their destinations mostly by bike. She also enjoys cooking and spending time with family and friends.
- American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ABOG), Board Certified 2009
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
- Residency: Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Medical School: SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Undergraduate: Salisbury University, Salisbury, MD
Society Membership and Affiliations
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Fellow
- Med Chi, The Maryland State Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow