Dr. Carnegie was born and raised in Saint Louis, Missouri. She attended a small liberal arts college, Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree majoring in Health Sciences with an emphasis on Biology and Psychology in 2005. While in college, she realized that she wanted to pursue a career in medicine. She attended medical school at Kansas City University and received her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree in 2010. While in medical school, Dr. Carnegie developed a love for women's health because it would allow her to be involved in many aspects of women's lives while following them from adolescence through menopause. It also provides a good mix of primary care and surgery.
After graduating from medical school, Dr. Carnegie initially did an internship at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and then completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Michigan State University Affiliated St. Joseph Mercy Oakland in Detroit, Michigan, where she served as Chief Resident during her final year.
Her interests included all aspects of women's healthcare including contraception and family planning, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, general and high-risk obstetrics, menopause, and preventive medicine.
In her spare time, Dr. Carnegie enjoys spending time with family and friends, running, camping, and hiking. She has taken up new interests in vegetarian cooking and triathlons. She lives in Annapolis.
Dr. Carnegie relocated to the West Coast in January 2017. Her patients are now being followed by other providers in the practice.
- American Osteopathic Board of Obstetricians and Gynecology, Board Eligible 2015
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis, MD
- Undergraduate: Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
- Medical School: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO
- Residency: Michigan State University, Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland, Detroit, MI
- Internship: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Society Membership and Affiliations
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American College of Osteopathic Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association